If someone had instilled those three little words in me as I growing up, I think I would have been better prepared for the world. But, I imagine I had to learn what life was about on my own. Throughout life, you and I are constantly navigating hills, valleys, challenges and circumstances. Staying on track requires more than just wishing and believing in fairytales, you’ve got to make active choices. Start here.
1. Grab a pen and create a life plan. What do you want to be? Where do you want to travel? Where would you like to live? What does your ideal life look like? You may not accomplish everything you set out to do, but making a list is a start.
2. Pay attention to internal cues when you are faced with situations that make you uneasy. We are all equipped with warning indicators. When you feel the gentle tug of anxiety related to a person or situation, kindly excuse yourself from the person and/or the situation. You’ll save yourself an abundance of heartache later on.
3. Surround yourself with people who support and love you. Allowing folks who demean or discourage you in your life, distracts you from your goal. On the other hand, those who embrace you and your differences help to uplift you. Evaluate your circle carefully.
4. Look for opportunities to branch out and add positive light and influences to your life. Try new restaurants, read a book from a best-seller list, meet new people or check out a new band.
5. Love you more than any other thing or person in the world. Being kind to yourself and having patience with yourself, will get you through many difficult situations.
Yes, LIFE IS HARD, but with the right tools, you can LIVE IT UP!
Love & Light Lovelies!